As I posted a few months ago, I’m organizing the Industry Event at CIKM 2011 with Tony Russell-Rose. We have a great set of keynotes lined up:
- Stephen Robertson (Microsoft Research)
- John Giannandrea (Google)
- Jeff Hammerbacher (Cloudera)
- Peter Jackson (Thomson Reuters)
We’re also looking for submissions from industry researchers and practitioners. The submission deadline is June 21.
Here is a copy of the call for papers:
This year’s CIKM conference will include an Industry Event, which will be held during the regular conference program in parallel with the technical tracks.
The Industry Event’s objectives are twofold. The first objective is to present the state-of-the-art in information retrieval, knowledge management, databases, and data mining, delivered as keynote talks by influential technical leaders who work in industry. The second objective is to present interesting, novel and innovative industry developments in these areas.
Industry authors are invited to prepare proposals for presenting interesting, novel and innovative ideas, and submit these to email@example.com by June 21st 2011. The proposals should contain (with respective lengths):
- Short company portrait (125 words)
- Short CV of the presenter (125 words)
- Title and abstract of the presentation (250 words)
- Reasons why the presentation should be interesting to the CIKM audience
When submitting a proposal, please bear in mind the following:
- Ensure the presentation is relevant to the CIKM audience (the Call for Papers gives a good idea of the conference scope).
- Try to highlight interesting R&D challenges in the work you present. Please do not present a sales pitch.
- All slides will be made public (no confidential information on the slides; you will be expected to ensure your slides are approved by your company before being presented).
- Presenters may opt to have their presentation videoed and made public, and if so, the presenter will be asked to sign a release form.
We look forward to receiving your submissions, and welcoming you to the CIKM 2011 Conference and Industry Event.
21 June 2011: Industry Event paper proposals due
19 July 2011: Notifications sent
27 October 2011: Industry Event
24-28 October 2011: CIKM conference