Minor Changes at The Noisy Channel

April 1st, 2009 · 9 Comments · Uncategorized

I’d just like to announce a few small changes for long-time readers.

• Previous protestations notwithstanding, The Noisy Channel will become a corporate blog. The next post will be a press release announcing that “Endeca Social Media Guru Dr. Daniel Tunkelang Launches Online Thought Leadership Channel!”
  • Since a healthy discussion of the issues has convinced me that the ad-supported model is here to stay, I will start augmenting my income with advertising, especially designed to subvert ad blocking software. Your attention is valuable, and I’d like to cash in!
  • In order to effect these changes, I am writing off my personal integrity. I encourage you to do the same, and will offer a small reward to anyone who posts positive online reviews of this blog.

Normally I’d consult the community before making such changes, but, hey, it’s not like you’re going to protest a few minor tweaks, right?

• 1 Christopher // Apr 1, 2009 at 12:08 am

HEH!

• 2 The Noisy Channel - Better than kittens! « The Mendicant Bug // Apr 1, 2009 at 12:52 am

[…] are in search of a blog that will put an end to all of your earthly troubles, look no further than the Noisy Channel.  Aside from being a font of knowledge that will turn you into an AI from a futurist’s […]

• 3 Steven Hodson // Apr 1, 2009 at 2:40 am

/me checks the calendar

Yup .. April Fool’s Day it is.

• 4 Dean Thrasher // Apr 1, 2009 at 10:55 am

As ever, you’ve written an elegant, witty and insightful blog post. It’s sure to provoke discussion among your many followers worldwide.

(P.S. Please send my reward in cash.)

• 5 Otis Gospodnetic // Apr 1, 2009 at 10:58 am

You can joke all you want, but Google is eying Exalead – http://www.jroller.com/otis/entry/google_buying_exalead

What does corporate Endeca think about that? ;)

• 6 Daniel Tunkelang // Apr 1, 2009 at 11:01 am

Oh, no, no, no, comments don’t count. You have to pimp me on your own page. All your Google / Technorati juice are belong to us!

And I thought it was clear the rewards would be issued in the form of credit towards your Noisy Channel account. Did I mention, I’m introducing a new micropayment plan for those who prefer an ad-free experience?

• 7 Daniel Tunkelang // Apr 1, 2009 at 11:06 am

Otis, in all seriousness, I don’t know if the Google-Exalead story is funnier as an April Fool’s joke or a reality. I still think it’s just a joke, but it will be much funnier it it turns out the rumor is legitimate and now the folks involved are dealing with the backlash of the joke! Zut alors!

• 8 Jim // Apr 1, 2009 at 12:55 pm

that was too easy to sniff out. made me laugh. a corporate blog…hah!

if only you could post raw “static” like a bad TV signal…that might be perfect for “the noisy channel”

nice try :)

• 9 Daniel Tunkelang // Apr 1, 2009 at 1:05 pm

Well, I thought my analytics provider was playing an April Fool’s Day joke on me when my traffic spiked around midnight, giving me more traffic between midnight and 1AM than I sometimes get in 24 hours. Turned out it was legit, unlike the SlideShare emails.

All in all, I decided it was best not to be *too* subtle. After all, Mike Arrington posted this, and some people took it seriously!